Thursday, October 11, 2012

Keeping us warm and fashionable in 1934

Keeping us warm and fashionable in 1934, McCall Magazine says we should be 'Squared Off and Buttoned Up" with "Masses of Fur or None at All".
As to collars "A splash of light or bright color right here, does a lot for one's face as well as one's dress".
"Of course you are going to have a shirtwaist dress in wool, aren't you?"
"Winter suits with coats in this length are very important from a style standpoint."
It is the smart thing to do!



2 comments:

  1. I do historical costuming across the eras so I was thrilled when I found your blog about a year ago. I've been watching it for when my kids and I study and portray vintage times again. There's an award waiting for you on my blog!
    http://teacupsamongthefabric.blogspot.com/2012/10/versatile-blogger-award.html
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Laurie, and aren't you nice! I really appreciate your kind words. But please pass the award on to someone else. While I could easily name 15 great blogs, and I sure don't mind talking about myself ;-) , I try not to add too much to this page. There is already a lot to see.
      I hope you don't mind. And I'm looking forward to spending time on your blog!
      Thanks, Tina

      Delete